Ladies and Gents, a traditional wedding cake will never ever go out of style, but why go with the classic white cake when you can make your entire wedding uniquely yours? Now days tons of couples are voiding the cake and going with a sweet treat that is a little more out of the ordinary.
When selecting a wedding dessert go with something that says a lot about you, maybe you and your fiances favorite sweet treat.
Below I will be listing several fun tasty alternatives to the classic wedding cake.
1. Pie, who doesn't love pie. There are so many choices of flavors, cherry, lemon, apple, strawberry etc. Deciding to go with a pie bar would help cut on desert cost, I mean everyone has that one crazy aunt or grandma who would be honored to bake a few pies for your special day.
2. DONUTS!! Totally an all time personal fav of mine. Krispy Kreme to be exact.
3. Ice Cream Sandwiches. A lovely childhood memory.
4. Ice cream bar, hire your local small ice cream shop to cater an ice cream bar at your wedding!
5. Cookie tower, this will be a huge hit. If you offer a variety of flavors then everyone is bound to devour the whole tower.
6. Macaroons. Stack them up. You would be surprised at how many people have no idea what macaroons are. Shock them all and get a few flavors for everyone to try.
7. Cinnamon Roll Stacker, wow. This is for sure the most creative idea I have seen thus far. Just imagine the frosting rolling down the side of your triple stacker cinnamon wedding cake. YUM.